Friday 15 May 2015

Book Beginnings on Fridays - The Woods by Harlan Coben

Book Beginnings on Fridays is hosted by Rose City Reader and as she says the idea of this meme is for you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name. There's a linky list on the website and you can use #BookBeginnings on Twitter.

 

This week my book beginning is The Woods by Harlan Coben.

 

I see my father with that shovel.

There are tears streaming down his face. An awful, guttural sob forces its way up from deep in his lungs and out through his lips.  

 

The Woods

 

Book Description:

 

Paul Copeland's sister went missing twenty years ago. Now raising a daughter alone, Cope balances family life with a career as a prosecutor. But when a homicide victim is found with evidence linking him to Cope, the well-buried secrets of the past are threatening everything. Is this body one of the campers who disappeared with his sister? Could his sister be alive...? Confronting his past, Cope must decide what is better left hidden in the dark and what truths can be brought to light... 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm very curious to what is going on in this one. I'd love for you to check out mine ... http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm very curious to what is going on in this one. I'd love for you to check out mine ... http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about this author and have one of his books on my shelf, waiting to be read. The Woods sounds like a deliciously chilling story.
    My Friday post features DANCING AT THE RASCAL FAIR.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.