Friday 22 May 2015

Book Beginnings on Fridays - A Robot In The Garden by Deborah Install

Book Beginnings on Fridays is hosted by Rose City Reader and as she says the idea of this meme is for you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name. There's a linky list on the website and you can use #BookBeginnings on Twitter.


This week my book beginning is A Robot In The Garden by Deborah Install which I started reading today. Click on the picture of the book cover to find out more about the novel.

A Robot In The Garden

'There's a robot in the garden,' my wife informed me.
I heard her footsteps a few seconds later, then her head appeared round the bedroom door. I glanced up from the newspaper I was reading in bed to see that look of hers - the one that says 'you are a continual source of frustration to me'.

3 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, he is in trouble, I'm sure. For not being attentive....I am now intrigued about what will happen.

    Here's mine: “THE WOMAN UPSTAIRS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something tells me there is a REAL robot in the garden and the husband is going to "get it".

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....he is going to be in the dog house.

    Sounds fun. I hope you are enjoying the book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.