Wednesday 15 October 2014

Dying For Christmas by Tammy Cohen

 Dying For Christmas

 

I am missing. Held captive by a blue-eyed stranger. To mark the twelve days of Christmas, he gives me a gift every day, each more horrible than the last. The twelfth day is getting closer. After that, there'll be no more Christmas cheer for me. No mince pies, no carols. No way out .

But I have a secret. No-one has guessed it. Will you?

 

My Thoughts


Jessica Gold stops to have a coffee while shopping on Christmas Eve when a good looking man asks to sit down at her table. They get talking and she agrees to leave with him, a decision she soons comes to regret. The novel is very dark and I was gripped straight away, desperately wondering if or how she would escape the clutches of Dominic, her captor. In part two the story takes an unexpected turn, it was certainly something I never saw coming. At this point that the story became less believable for me but was no less enjoyable because of it. I spent most of the book trying to figure out what was going on and it kept me guessing until the very end, exactly what you want from a psychological thriller as well as the twists that Dying For Christmas provides.


Rating: 4 out of 5

 

Thanks to Transworld and Netgalley for a copy of this in return for an honest review.

 

Published 20th November 2014 by Transworld Publishers  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.