Friday 14 March 2014

Just What Kind Of Mother Are You? by Paula Daly

Just What Kind of Mother Are You? 

 

Lisa Kallisto is a busy mum of three who works at her local animal shelter in the Lake District, while her husband Joe works all the hours he can as a taxi driver. Her daughters 13 year old friend Lucinda was supposed to come for a sleepover, but Sally is home from school ill and Lisa has forgotten to tell Lucinda's mum Kate. Lucinda doesn't go home after school and as no one is expecting her isn't reported missing until the start of school on the following day. Lisa obviously feels it's all her fault and so is determined to find her. But she is the second girl in the area to go missing and the first has now reappeared, naked and very distressed.

 

There have been many psychological thrillers published by female authors over the last year or so and it is one of my favourite genres, but this is definitely one of the best I have read. I found it hard to believe that this well written novel with believable characters was the author's debut. I thought quite early on in the book, and rather smugly if I'm being honest, that I knew what was going on and who was to blame. I then changed my mind several times but didn't once work it out correctly and I was surprised when all was revealed at the end. I raced through the story and it had me gripped throughout, it won't be too long before I read her second novel, Keep Your Friends Close.


I received a copy of this from Netgalley in return for an honest review

 

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.