Monday 17 February 2014

Musing Mondays

MusingMondays5

Musing Mondays is run by Should Be Reading and asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).

• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 

• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.

• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!

• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

 

I have decided I am going to try and catch up with what I have on my TBR and not buy too many new books. If it's something off my wishlist that I'll read straight away than that's allowed, too often I buy a book and it sits unread on my shelf for ages. I'm also cutting back on review books for the time being unless it's one I really want to read, I went a bit mad when I first joined Netgalley last year. I've found that sometimes I'm reading books because I have to rather than want to, I'd like to get back to reading simply for enjoyment for a little while.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, that's the only problem I had with book blogging - you have so much access to books (you'd think that'd be a good thing, right?)... but when you have too much access, it begins to feel like you can't keep up or, like you said, you're reading books because you have to. I had to take a break from blogging - that being one of the main reasons... Once you get back to basics, hopefully that enjoyment comes back :)

    My Musing

    ~ Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the reason why I don't write formal book reviews on my blog--I don't want to feel that reading has become a chore. I don't know how bloggers who commit to reviewing regularly do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netgalley is definitely a temptation :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/02/musing-mondays_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. NetGalley is a huge temptation and it can be daunting and annoying not to get to read the books on my shelf which I want to. Like everything in life moderation is best ;-) Good luck with your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I did that, too, I have decided no more review books for me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.